The Victorian Centre for Excellence in Eating Disorders (CEED)
Family-Based Treatment (FBT-AN) is recognised as the first line, evidence-based, early intervention model of care for adolescents with anorexia nervosa (AN). FBT-AN has been developed and researched worldwide since the 1990s. CEED has developed and delivered FBT-AN training over several years to provide workforce development in this model to suit Victorian Service conditions. In the last ten years CEED has trained to over 1000 clinicians and provided service development and consultation support to implement the FBT-AN model of care in many Victorian CAMH / CYMH Services.
The workshop aims to have participants gain:
- a background understanding of the historical influences on the development of FBT-AN
- a thorough understanding of FBT-AN practice assumptions and treatment phases
- capacity to set up and conduct FBT-AN with a young person and their family
- capacity to address clinical dilemmas that arise during FBT-AN
- understanding of how to implement FBT-AN as an integrated care model across local CAMHS and Paediatric Services
The training will involve didactic, interactive and experiential practise opportunities. Prior knowledge of understanding and assessing eating disorders is assumed.
Target Audience: Health Professionals working with adolescents experiencing anorexia nervosa.
Registrations from Victorian public mental health services clinicians will be prioritised.
Materials and links will be emailed to participants prior to the training commencing
When: Delivered over four, half-day live online modules:
- Part 1: 8:30am – 12:30pm, Tues 12 October & Wed 13 October 2021 (AEST)
- Part 2: 8:30am – 12:30pm, Tues 19 October & Wed 20 October 2021 (AEST)
Cost: Ten (10) places for at this workshop are available for Gippsland located clinicians as part of Eating Disorders Victoria’s (EDV) Gippsland Project funded by the Gippsland PHN.
Registrations: 10 places will be issued on a first come basis.
To request registration please contact: Rebecca.email@example.com at EDV
Certificate requirements: Attendance & participation in all four online modules & completion of training evaluation