We know that GP’s and Practice Managers can face numerous challenges and barriers when addressing gender-based violence including limited disclosures, lack of understanding of referral pathways, lack of training and knowledge of family violence and limited inter-professional collaboration to name a few.
About the CoP
Our Community of Practice (CoP) is a vibrant and dynamic platform that brings together Health Care Practice Managers from GP and Dental Clinics across the Gippsland region.
After extensive consultations, GWH are excited to launch this Community of Practice for Practice Managers working in healthcare clinics. We aim to foster a collaborative environment where members can share their experiences, exchange knowledge, and collectively address challenges in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
Why join the CoP?
- Professional Development: Expand your skills, knowledge, and expertise through interactive discussions and educational sessions led by industry experts around preventing gender-based violence.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with other Health Care Practice Managers, exchange ideas, and connect with Family Violence local service providers to know their referral pathways.
- Share Experiences: Provide opportunities to discuss emerging themes, patterns, limitations, and practice implications in Family Violence.
- Support and Empowerment: Participate in a forum that encourages shared learning and consistent practice. Create a successful Community of Practice with a group of individuals working in GP practices, who share an interest in eliminating family violence in Gippsland.
- Increase knowledge about what constitutes gender-based violence and all forms of violence against women, including the impact on diverse communities.
- Increase knowledge of support service and referral pathways, including mental health, homelessness and family violence services in local areas.
- Increase in confidence in talking to community about gendered-based violence and knowing role in preventing family violence.
- Learn how to recognise and respond to family violence within the workplace.
- Collaborative development of workplace policies and procedures to support the health and safety of women, girls and gender-diverse in the healthcare setting.