A day of opportunity to learn more about diabetes that will help you to support your patients with more confidence plus greater knowledge and understanding. This interactive webinar will cover information about the types of diabetes, monitoring technologies, medication management and complication screening.
Expert diabetes practitioners from Diabetes Victoria will explain:
- What is diabetes– covers classification & types and an overview of the physiology
- Blood glucose monitoring– covers principles of blood glucose checking, managing sick days managing highs and lows, and an overview of urgent care situations
- Diabetes medications– covers oral and injectable medications for type 2 diabetes and using Insulin.
- Screening and treating diabetes complications– covers risk factors, microvascular and macrovascular complications, screening, cycles of care and resources for more information
- The ages and stages of diabetes care– covers management priorities across age groups
Karen Crawford of Diabetes Victoria will MC and present with other experienced credentialed diabetes educators.
Register below – you will be directed to another site to complete your details.
The join webinar link will be forwarded from Diabetes Victoria prior to the workshop