Heritage Network East Gippsland was established in 1996 to represent historical societies and family history groups across the region. HNEG acts as a conduit for member groups ideas and concerns at a range of forums.
Members meet regularly and interact on joint projects, The network is dedicated to the protection and promotion of East Gippsland’s history.
We are supported by the East Gippsland Shire Council. Member groups include:
- Buchan Heritage Group
- East Gippsland Family History Group
- East Gippsland History Society
- Gelantipy and District History Society
- Lakes Entrance Family History Resource Centre
- Lakes Entrance Regional History Society
- Mallacoota and District History Society
- Omeo and District Historical Society
- Orbost Historical Society
PO Box: PO Box 820 Bairnsdale 3875