An Aged Care Specialist Officer is now available to provide in-person support at the Services Australia Gippsland service centre, based at Centrelink in Morwell.
The face-to-face service aims to provide older Australians with greater choice in how they access the aged care services they need.
An Aged Care Specialist Officer can provide you and/or a chosen representative with in-person support to connect with and navigate the aged care system.
Aged Care Specialist Officers can:
- provide in-depth information about the different types of aged care services
- check if you are eligible for aged care services
- register and refer you for a My Aged Care assessment
- offer financial information about aged care services
- help you appoint a My Aged Care representative
- connect you with local support services, social workers, interpreters and advocates.
Whether you are needing some extra help at home or considering a move to residential aged care, an Aged Care Specialist Officer can give you the support you need to get started on your aged care journey.
In addition to the support offered by Aged Care Specialist Officers, Services Australia staff at the Gippsland service centre can help you:
- access general information about aged care services
- navigate the My Aged Care website
- connect you to more specialist support.
You can arrange a face-to-face appointment with an Aged Care Specialist Officer by phoning 1800 227 475 or speaking with the Services Australia staff at the service centre.
You can still access My Aged Care services through the My Aged Care website at https://www.myagedcare.gov.au or the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422.
To find out more about the My Aged Care face-to-face service please visit https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/my-aged-care-face-to-face-services.