Date issued: 3 August 2022 (update to 14 July 2022)
Issued by: Associate Professor Deborah Friedman, Deputy Chief Health Officer Communicable Disease
Issued to: Health professionals and the public
- Additional information for clinicians managing monkeypox can be found in the factsheet for clinicians and on the monkeypox page.
- More information for the public is available on the Better Health Channel – monkeypox
- Medical practitioners must notify the Department of Health of any confirmed or suspected cases by calling 1300 651 160(24/7).
- Medical practitioners also need approval from the Department of Health to test for monkeypox when a suspected case is notified.
- The Department of Health is anticipating having access to the newer smallpox vaccine in the near future to protect those most at risk.
Read the full Alert: Health warning on monkeypox.