Date issued: 14 July 2022 (update to 7 July 2022)
Issued by: Associate Professor Deborah Friedman, Deputy Chief Health Officer Communicable Disease
Issued to: Health professionals and the public
- Medical practitioners must notify the Department of Health of any confirmed or suspected cases by calling 1300 651 160 (24/7).
- Medical practitioners must get approval from the Department of Health to test for monkeypox when a suspected case is notified.
- A factsheet has been developed for clinicians who are managing cases of monkeypox.
- Information for clinicians and health professionals can be found on the monkeypox page on the department’s website.
- More information for the public is available on the Better Health Channel – monkeypox.
Read the full Alert: Health warning on monkeypox