Hosted by The Voluntary assisted dying care navigators
Come join a group of colleagues for a dedicated day to complete the mandatory voluntary assisted dying training.
You will then be able to provide assessments for your patients seeking access voluntary assisted dying and participate in VAD to the level you feel personally comfortable.
If you cannot join in person, we also offer participation online. This is of course less interactive than in-person, but is doable if you absolutely can’t get to the hospital.
Complete the mandatory training
- A semi-structured time frame to work through the online modules
- Regular summary of key points of each module provided through the day
- Supported by the voluntary assisted dying care navigators
Meet with voluntary assisted dying clinicians
- Gain insight into the personal and professional experience of participating in voluntary assisted dying and get some tips on completing assessments
Meet and greet with state-wide services
- Meet with the state-wide voluntary assisted dying support team – someone from each of the Secretariat who review VAD assessments and applications, the pharmacy, the Review Board and the Navigator service
This will be a full day but the aim is to enable you to get through the training in the most effective (and enjoyable) way possible, with input from the state-wide services and medical colleagues.
For GP’s, this activity is approved for 9.5 RACGP CPD hours (including pre-session completion of modules 1 & 2) – 7.5 hours Education Activities and 2 hours Reviewing Performance.
This event is open to any doctor in Victoria, who is a Fellow of a medical college, including newly admitted.
What to do next:
- Register here to attend
- Register for the online training – https://vicvadlearninghub.com/
- Complete Modules 1 and 2 (approx. 1-1.5 hours) in your own time before the scheduled day. This helps us make the most of the day and ensures you can access the training
- BYO headset and laptop with power charger (and extension cable if possible) – internet connection details will be provided on the day
- Optional: Sign up for portal (you will not get access until you’ve completed the training) vadportal.bettersafercare.vic.gov.au