Date issued: 22 February 2022
Issued by: Adjunct Clinical Professor Brett Sutton, Chief Health Officer
Issued to: Victorian community and health professionals
- Victorians travelling overseas are being warned about the risk of travel-related infectious diseases.
- The best protection from infectious diseases is vaccination and engaging in preventive behaviours.
- Health professionals should consider the possibility of travel-related infectious diseases in patients presenting with an illness after returning from overseas or being in close contact with someone recently returned from overseas.
- Any returned traveller who develops illness after returning home should see their GP for assessment and treatment.
- A range of information relating to travelling safely and preventing travel-related illness is available on the travel page on the Better Health Channel.
- Read the full advisory: Health warning on travel-related infectious diseases.
Download the Assessment of returned travellers with fever resource for clinicians.