The Victorian Department of Health has received notification from the Bureau of Meteorology of severe weather warning across Victoria with damaging winds impacting Central, North Central, West and South Gippsland, East Gippsland and parts of North East and South West and widespread power outages.
Please use this risk forecast to inform relevant actions. Maintain awareness of the weather conditions in your area throughout the day as these may change.
The department will be actively monitoring storm activity. Further advice will be provided if the situation changes.
Please advise State Duty Officer on 1300 790 733 or firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any notable impacts to your health service.
Agencies are advised to:
- acquaint themselves with the State Health Emergency Response Plan (SHERP) arrangements
- familiarise themselves with their organisational emergency plans
- review their organisational arrangements for loss of mains electricity supply
- advise staff involved in outreach activities to take extra care whilst driving
- advise all staff to avoid parking their vehicles under trees
Agencies can monitor Severe Weather Warnings via the BoM website: http://www.bom.gov.au/
Agencies can monitor Emergency Warnings via the VicEmergency website: emergency.vic.gov.au